Sunday, December 28, 2008

Anne of Green Gables

A few of my favorite quotes from one of the greatest movies ever!

Anne Shirley: Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it

Miss Stacy: True friends are always together in spirit.

Anne Shirley: Farewell, my beloved friend. Henceforth, we must be strangers living side by side... but my heart will be ever faithful to thee.

Gilbert Blythe: Well, I figured you can give me a hand with my work, and we'll call it a fair exchange.
Anne Shirley: Aren't you worried? I'm liable to break another slate over your head.
Gilbert Blythe: I'm more worried I might break one over yours, carrots.

Marilla Cuthbert: I'm afraid for her, Matthew. She'll be gone so long. She'll get terrible lonesome.
Matthew Cuthbert: You mean, we'll get terrible lonesome.
Marilla Cuthbert: I can't help wishing that she'd stayed a little girl.
Matthew Cuthbert: Mrs. Spencer made a lucky mistake, I guess.
Marilla Cuthbert: It wasn't luck; it was Providence. He knew we needed her.
Matthew Cuthbert: Even with her queer little ways.
Marilla Cuthbert: I loved her for them.

Anne Shirley: Please, Matthew. You need help. We've got to get a doctor.
Matthew Cuthbert: I've worked hard all my life. I'd rather just drop in the harness. I got old; I never noticed.
Anne Shirley: If I'd been the boy you sent for, I could have spared you in so many ways.
Matthew Cuthbert: I never wanted a boy. I only wanted you from the first day. Don't ever change. I love my little girl. I'm so proud of my little girl.

1 comment:

Fantabulous Lil P said...

Love it! Good choice of quotes. Someday we'll have a girls night with all of us and watch it. : )